I recommend all pregnant and breastfeeding women follow the consensus guidelines to get about 200mg of preformed DHA from a pollutant-free source.
New subscribers to our e-newsletter always receive a free gift. Get yours here: https://nutritionfacts.org/subscribe/
No demonstrable clear and consistent benefits? See my last video: Should Pregnant and Breastfeeding Women Take DHA (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/pregnant-breastfeeding-women-take-dha).
What about taking long chain omega 3’s to protect our heart? See:
• Is Fish Oil Just Snake Oil? (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/is-fi…)
• Omega-3’s and the Eskimo Fish Tale (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/Omega…)
• Should We Take EPA and DHA Omega-3 For Our Heart? (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/shoul…)
I raised concern about the pollutants in seafood during pregnancy in a number of my videos:
• The Wrong Way to Detox (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/the-w…)
• Hair Testing for Mercury Before Considering Pregnancy (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/hair-…)
• Fish Intake Associated With Brain Shrinkage (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/fish-…)
• Mercury vs. Omega-3s for Brain Development (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/mercu…)
• How Long to Detox From Fish Before Pregnancy? (http://www.nutritionfacts.org/video/h…)
Have a question for Dr. Greger about this video? Leave it in the comment section at http://nutritionfacts.org/video/should-vegan-women-supplement-with-dha-during-pregnancy and he’ll try to answer it!
Image Credit: Bollepret via Pixabay. Image has been modified.
• Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/NutritionFact…
• Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/nutrition_facts
• Podcast: http://nutritionfacts.org/audio/
• Subscribe: http://http://nutritionfacts.org/subscribe/
• Donate: http://www.NutritionFacts.org/donate
If you liked this content, check out Vegetarian Vitamin D